I need to apologise for my absence. If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll already know the reasons behind my blog neglect. I’ve been suffering with pneumonia and after no less than a full week, I’m finally on the mend. My brain is not in the “blogging” place right now. At least, not in the way that I’ve come to expect from myself so I’m easing back into things with a simple “50 Random Facts About Me”. An exercise in self-love and vanity. Would you do me the great honour of leaving a comment with some random facts about yourself? Or if you have a blog…. perhaps, a link to your list?
I’d truly appreciate it.
1. My first name is hyphenated but I never use the second part of it except on official documentation.
2. I got married when I was 23 but I’ve been with my husband since I was 18.
3. Our daughter is named after my favourite au pair as a child.
4. My little finger is so badly broken that I can stretch an octave on the piano with no bother despite having small hands.
5. I have Dermatographic Urticaria (“skin writing” skin) but it was worse when I was younger.
6. I’m left-handed and turn a page on its side to write on it.
7. I met my husband in a chat room in 2000 and crank-called his mum more than once to check that he wasn’t an axe-murderer.
8. My idol in life is Joe Strummer.
9. I know my way around the city of Sydney better than I do my home county of Hampshire.
10. I honeymooned in Manchester, of all places. [br] [br]
11. I’ve only recently become semi-comfortable with my inner freak. Older age is suiting me.
12. I used to travel all over the country to watch Southampton Football Club play.
13. I was a foreign languages prefect at school.
14. I desperately want to do a road trip across the U.S. (who doesn’t)
15. I have recently conquered a massive fear of lifts (elevators).
16. My favourite thing on a menu is usually the nachos.
17. I’ve been blogging in some shape or form since 1999. Anyone remember Deadjournal? (Livejournal for angsty types)
18. I build beautiful houses on The Sims but never “live” in them.
19. I only moved out of my Mum and Dad’s house last year at the age of 30.
20. My first boyfriend “came out” to me. It wasn’t my doing. [br] [br]
21. Top five bands? The Clash, Stone Roses, The Black Crowes, Blondie, Pulp
22. Top five artists? Prince, Janis Joplin, Doris Day, David Bowie, Cyndi Lauper
23. I did literally everything I could to avoid a planned c-section whilst pregnant. I had an emergency c-section. It was ok.
24. I still miss the house I grew up in.
25. And the city.
26. I hated university but I got what I needed to get. And then never used it.
27. I try to add jalapenos and spice to everything.
28. I’m a night owl, and always have been.
29. I only play computer games on God mode. I appreciate a good story more than a challenge.
30. I didn’t attend my graduation, I still don’t regret missing it. [br] [br]
31. I love Willy Russell’s Blood Brothers and have seen it no less than 6 times in my life.
32. I’m not motivated by money. In the slightest.
33. I’ve been told that I can come across as prickly, sometimes even “mysterious” in large group situations. I’m not… I’m just hyper-aware of talking crap, so end up not saying much. One-on-one though? You can’t shut me up.
34. I’m too scared to have another child incase he/she isn’t as perfect as my first.
35. I desperately wanted Leila to be a boy, until I met her.
36. I love bum chins, and dimples… I have neither.
37. My husband has a bum chin, my daughter has two dimples on the same cheek.
38. We had our first dance to “Sea of Love”.
39. I think that arms are the sexiest part of a man’s body
40. I’m rubbish at arguments, I just get aggressive. [br] [br]
41. I’d love to be more ambitious.
42. I owe everything to my parents but I don’t revere them as I should.
43. Gherkins. Always the gherkins.
44. A nice coat is worth spending (lots of) money on. Shoes? Not so much.
45. I was too upset to go to school the day I found out that Kurt Cobain had killed himself.
46. If I could go on a giant geocache event dressed as Emma Peel, I would probably be in my element.
47. I’m a fantastic drunk.
48. I like to clean the flat to the sounds of Pat Benatar and the Divinyls.
49. I started going grey when I was 17. Around the same age I started sprouting a full-on beard. Thanks PCOS.
50. I struggle to commit 90 minutes or more to watching a film. But usually enjoy myself when I do.
How about you?