It’s the 26th January and in honour of Australia/Survival Day, I’m showcasing some great products born from the land Down Under!
It’s fair to say that the island nation are becoming a beauty force to be reckoned with and 2011 is sure to see tremendous UK growth for Aussie-grown brands such as Hissyfit, Shizen and Lanolips to name just a few.
I admit to having a soft spot for these Antipodean enterprises, it’s a part of the world that I hold close to my heart.
And so, without further ado – here are some of the brands in my beauty cupboard that hail from the land that brought us Neighbours, Tim-Tams, Kylie Minogue and more deadly snakes and spiders than you can shake a stick at!
1. Aesop – Aesop’s Rosehip Seed Lip Cream wasn’t quite intensive enough for my lips… but it makes the most delightful smelling, fast-absorbing cuticle butter around!
2. Naive Beauty – Naive’s Magneteyes Under Eye Algae Mask* is a welcome quick fix for tired eyes. Cooling, refreshing and moisturising – the pack of 10 eye pads can even be re-used if you treat them with care!
3. Glitter Gal – The Holographic Nail Polishes* from Glitter Gal are to die for! Super blingy, super holo and super gorgeous. They need to be more accessible in the UK though!
4. Lanolips – Lanolips ultra-nourishing lip ointments are my everyday staple, the new (and sadly limited edition) Lemonaid Lip Aid* is an innovative take on the original formula, combining organic lemon oil to naturally exfoliate whilst the lanolin takes care of the moisturisation!
5. Invisible Zinc – The cult Aussie suncare brand have rendered themselves squeaky clean with IZ Cleanser, a 12% glycolic acid cleanser. I use this weekly as an exfoliating cleanser to leave my skin smooth as a baby’s bum!
6. Becca – Becca hails from Perth in Western Australia and is the brainchild of MUA Rebecca Morrice Williams. I love the brand’s Pressed Shimmer Powders as seen above in the shade Princess.
7. A’kin – Australian made and owned natural skincare brand A’kin produce products using only botanical ingredients, fairly well-known in the UK… I love their Cellular Radiance Serum when my skin is being particularly reactive and badly-behaved!
8. Alpha-H – Another Aussie brand to have developed a cult following across the globe, Alpha H are well-known for their best-selling product, Liquid Gold – a glycolic based resurfacing lotion. Their simple packaging belies a whole host of cleverly formulated products that promise anti-ageing nirvana!
9. Inika Cosmetics – This sleek mineral makeup brand is another Antipodean delight with a core range of over 70 products. I’ve recently discovered their Liquid Mineral Foundation, which I’m enjoying for natural and moisturising coverage.
Do you have any favourite Australian beauty brands?
* denotes PR sample.